Its been a long that we haven’t posted a how-to guide on your this blog because we had some Google penalty issues with it. After several months, now its seems like the Google penalty has been revoked to some extent, so we are now got back here.
Do you have have Samsung’s Galaxy Mega 6.3 and wanted to update it to latest Google Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system then this post would help you definitely. Even after several decades, Samsung eventually failed to provide software updates to their many devices. However, there are several ways to do it manually.
To update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.4 to Android 4.4.2, we will us a officially distributed firmware XXUDNE4, which as been rolled out through OTA. However, if you have didn’t received any notification to update the device, then follow our procedure to get it manually.
Firstly read all the pre-request written and prepare the device accordingly,
- You need a windows based PC and internet connectivity to download the firmware and necessary files.
- A USB cable to connect the device to PC to perform the update process. Also, make sure to have installed proper USB drivers of you Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 on to your computer, so it can be detected. If not installed then download it here.
- Remember, installing this update on your phone would delete all the previous files, apps, and everything that is stored in phone’s memory. It cannot be undone. Kindly save all the important data from internal memory of your phone to safe place before proceeding any further.
- Charge you device good extent. It should be able to survive all the time during the update process.
- Download the firmware file from here. After download, unzip it to safe place on your PC and remember the location.
- Download the Odin program from here. After download, unzip it to safe place on your PC and look for “Odin3 v3.09.exe”.
How to install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3
- Launch the Odin program.
- Now turn off you phone and boot to download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together.
- Now use USB cable to connect your Mobile to computer and make sure it you have already installed drivers of mobile.
- The Odin program will recognize your phone “ID:Com” section will turn blue or yellow and “added” message will be shown.
- Now its time to set Odin, from Odin select “PDA” and then pick the PDA file from extracted Firmware file.
- Now from Odin select “start”
- Remember, do not make any other changes and wait for its completion.
- The process completes it will display “pass” message and “ID:COM” will turn to green indicating that everything is fine.
- After it disconnect your device and reboot it and all done.
If you’re phone get stuck on boot screen then follow these steps to troubleshoot it:
- Turn off you mobile
- Reboot the device to recovery mode by pressing Power, Volume up and home buttons in the same time.
- From recovery mode options, select wipe data factory reset and wipe cache partition
- and then select restart your phone and all done.
You have successfully updated your handset to latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system. If you have any problem while performing it, they let us know via commenting.