Mostly all custom ROM Developer try their best to create new ROMs without any bugs but some minor bugs are still captured by user after installation. Some users reported that after installing Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Y, the Wi-Fi stop working and they are not able to use it. And people complain Wi-Fi not working or getting off any time and not responding.
To solve Wi-Fi problem here is an simple guide on how to fix WiFi problem in Samsung Galaxy Y. The problem is just caused by permission settings of Wifi folder and some files.
So, to fix this problem we need an file explorer, the best of them is Root Explorer. Download it here.
How to Fix WiFi Problem in Samsung Galaxy Y
1. Download and install Root Explorer.
2. Run the root Explorer
3. Find and Navigate to system/
4. Find and Navigate to etc/
5. Find and Navigate to Wifi folder and tap on it.
7. Select the Permission and tick the exact boxes given below in image.
6. Now open Wifi folder and find wpa_supplicant.conf and tap on it
7. Now select Permission and tick the exact boxes given in image
After doing that go to wifi settings and open wifi and reboot your phone without turning off wifi. After booting complete it is done. So you have fixed your Wi-Fi problem on your Samsung Galaxy Y.