How to install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S I9000
After long waiting finally, CyanogenMOD team has officially outs an CyanogenMod 10.2, an AOSP Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy SI9000 smartphone. This built is completely stable, bug free and gives high performance. Because this built is officially out by CyanogenMod team, so you can use this ROM on daily basis without having to compromise with any problem and bugs. To efficiently use of hardware, this ROM comes with many tweaks which results in greater improvements in performance and usability of phone.
Whether you’re looking for fast, simple and clean or a ROM which offers high performance and tons of customization options, this CM 10.2 ROM will fulfill your needs in all aspects. Installation process is very simple to understand and follow, we have to just flash the ROM and Google apps zip files using Custom ROM Recovery.
Well there is no risk in installing this ROM because this is the official ROM. But if in case your phone gets damaged or bricked after installing this ROM then we will not be responsible for that. This guide is only meant for education purpose only.
Before proceeding to downloads and installation, look on to below pre-requisites and make sure your device satisfy all of them.
This ROM and guide only meant for Samsung Galaxy S I9000 model, so before installing this ROM make sure that your device model is same as listed here.
Make sure you’ve installed latest Custom recovery on your phone. Guide for installing latest recovery is given in this post.
It is always good to make backup of current ROM. It is optional but it is good for future use. If anything goes wrong after installing this ROM you can revert back to old ROM anytime using this backup. To make a backup, you need to boot into the recovery mode then look for “backup & restore” and then “Backup” option. So, in this way you backup current ROM of your phone.
Save your all data stored under phone’s memory to safe place. The installation process will go through the complete wiping of internal memory.
Enable USB debugging, go to settings then developer options and there check the USB debugging box.
Make sure your phone is at least 50% charged. The complete process may take some time, so your phone should be able to stay on for the whole time.
- Download custom ROM zip file here. (cm-10.2.0-galaxysmtd.zip)
- Download Google Apps zip file here. (gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip)
How to install latest 22.214.171.124 CWM recovery on Galaxy S I9000
- This guide is only for those who has stock recovery on their phone. If you’ve already installed CWM recovery on your phone then you can ignore it but you can use it to update recovery to latest version.
- Download the CWM 126.96.36.199 zip file here (recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-galaxys.zip) and put it to SD card of your device.
- Now turn off the device and wait for 5-7 seconds.
- Not press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at same time until Samsung logo appears on screen. Then release the buttons and you’ll be entering to stock recovery.
- Now under recovery options select “install zip” and then “choose zip from sd card”. Find and locate the downloaded “recovery-clockwork-184.108.40.206-galaxys.zip” and select “Yes” on next screen to confirm your selection.
- After it installed, go to main menu, select “reboot system now” and all done!
So you have done with installing latest CWM recovery on Galaxy S I9000. Now proceed to Custom ROM zip installation guide.
How to install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Samsung Galaxy S I9000
- Download Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM (cm-10.2.0-galaxysmtd.zip) and Google Apps zip(gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip) files and copy them to SD card of your device.
- Now turn off the device and wait for 5-7 seconds.
- Now enter to recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power button until you see the Samsung logo appears.
- To install custom ROM successfully, you need to perform below resets:
- Select “Wipe data/Factory reset”, then select “Yes” on the next screen to confirm factory reset.
- Go back main menu of recovery and then go to Mounts and Storage-> Format System and select “Yes” on the next screen to confirm.
- Again go to Mounts and Storage then mount the followings: mount system, mount cache and mount data.
- Go back main menu of recovery, again, and go to Advanced-> “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and select Yes from the next screen to confirm
- Now select “install zip” then “Choose zip from sdcard“. Find and locate the “cm-10.2.0-galaxysmtd.zip file”. On next screen select “Yes” to confirm the installation process.
- After it gets completed, go back to main menu.
- Now again select “install zip” then “choose zip from sdcard“. This find and locate the “gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip” file. Select “Yes” on next screen to confirm the process.
- After you done with flashing both the files, select “reboot system now” from main menu. All done!
So you have installed Android 4.3 Jelly bean custom ROM on your phone. If you have any problem while following this tutorial then let us know by commenting.http://gamotech.com/how-to-install-android-4-3-jelly-bean-on-galaxy-s-i9000/MobilesAndroid 4.3 Jelly Bean,samsung