How to Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 [Updated: Stable]
After heard about release of Android 4.3 Jelly Beans, you may wondering that soon it will officially announced for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830, but Samsung has not such ETA to update this device. So, you won’t be getting update for your mobile, so you need to install it manually. This Android 4.3 Jelly Beans has many new and upgraded features such as improved security, Bluetooth LE, improved stability, improved keyboard, supports OpenGL ES 3.0, camera focal app and many more. Here is very simple guide on how to Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
Disclaimer: Since this is not an officially released from Samsung, developed by CyanogenMod team, it requires root access to install. So, update process requires rooted device.
Update[12-11-2013]: Now new version of CyanomodGen 10.2 Custom ROM Zip is available. Now you don’t need to flash Google Apps zip file. This Version is very stable and almost all bugs are fixed.
- Rooted Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
- Mobile must be 50% charged
- USB Debugging must be enabled in Setting> Applications> Development and tick the “Enable USB Debugging”
- Computer or Laptop with Internet connectivity
- It is higly recommended to make a backup of your data such as SMS, MMS, Contacts and application.
- Download Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update here. [Updated to New Stable Version. Now, no need to flash Google Apps package]
How to Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
- Firstly, download the update file and copy it to SD card of device, remember put it directly to root of SD Card not in any folder.
- Now turn off your device and go to recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume up+ home+power button until phone start in recovery mode.
- Now, firstly you need to wipe out cache to avoid hang in boot animation otherwise ignore this step. Select wipe cache partition and wipe data/factory reset and perform them. In Advanced option and clear & wipe the Dalvik cache present in your phone.
- Go to “Mounts and Storage“, mount the following: mount system, mount cache and mount data.
- Again go to Mounts and Storage-> Format System and select “Yes” on the next screen to confirm.
- Get back to recovery mode again and then select install zip from sd card->choose zip from sd card and confirm the Jellybean 4.3 zip and wait for completion of installation process.
- After completion of process select “reboot system now” and all done.
Apps crashing Fix for Samsung Galaxy Ace
[Update: 17-11-2013] – Some users reported that, Google apps and other apps are crashing again again. If you’re facing the same problem after installing this ROM then to solve it, follow the below steps:
- Go to settings-> Backup & reset
- Select Factory data reset and perform it.
- When it completes, restart your phone.
It seems to be working fine.
You have successfully installed Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. If you have problem while following this tutorial then share with us via comments.