Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 i8160 is mid range Android based smartphone, the phone has been completely upgraded with new hardware specification in compare to its predecessor model. Some upgrades includes, screen size changes to 3.8 inches, User interface updated to TouchWiz v4.0, a huge 4 GB internal memory, increase RAM size, and much more. The major changes are, the single core processor changes to Dual Core 800 Mhz and old Aderno GPU chip has been replaced with powerful Mali – 400.
The phone initially launched with Android 2.3 Ginger bread operating system and opted for official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. But its been a while that Samsung haven’t rolled out any further Jelly Bean updates for it and there is no indication that in future, this phone will be getting any update anymore. So the best way to get it manually is to install custom Rom which is based on latest Android firmware.
You may like: Install iPhone look on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
In this post, to update Samsung Galaxy Ace 2, will use CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom Rom which is based on Android Jelly Bean 4.3.1 firmware. Installing it, you will get all features and application included in Android 4.3.1 official update along with power features. The Rom is not yet official from CyanogenMod team but it is completely safe to install and it is very stable in terms of performance and usability.
Installing this Rom will benefit you in many ways, it will improve overall performance of the device, let you use you device more conveniently and effectively. Apart from improved performance, you can customize your phone in your own way and can have access to many powerful root apps such as Link2SD, CPU tools and much more.
You may like: Best Roms for Samsung Galaxy Ace S7500
Before proceeding to download and installation sections, we recommend you to go through all pre-requisites listed below and ensure that they all match to your handset properly.
- This Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean based CM 10.2 Rom is only for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 and Samsung Galaxy Ace II X S7560M for Bell Canada. The Rom is nothing more a garbage for any other handset from Samsung or any other handset.
- To install this Rom, make sure you’ve installed Custom CWM recovery on your handset. If haven’t installed yet then first visit here to download the temporary CWM Recovery file. To install just boot to recovery mode and then flash it by using “apply update from sdcard”, then you’ll redirected to CWM Recovery.
- Make backup of current Rom. This is an optional but we recommend it. If anything goes wrong or the new interface is what you was expecting, then you can easily switch to old Rom using the backup. To make a backup, just reboot to CWM recovery and then look for “backup and restore” option. The look for backup option and use it.
- The installation process will erase internal memory of phone completely. So, before proceeding any further, save all the important files stored under phone’s memory to safe place.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging on your phone. To enable, just go to phone’s settings then look for Developers options and then check the USB Debugging box.
- Charge your phone to at least 50%. It is highly recommended that you charge your phone to good extent before following this tutorial.
- Download the CM 10.2 Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean Rom zip file from here. (Download the latest build from the list)
- Download the latest GApps zip file package from here. (gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip)
How to Install Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean Galaxy Ace 2
- The installation process is very easy to follow. First download the both the file listed in download section and put them to Sd card of your phone.
- Now turn off the device and wait for 5-7 seconds.
- Now press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at same time until Samsung logo appears on screen to boot into recovery mode. As listed in pre-requisites, you must flash CWM recovery first.
- Now under CWM recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset” and select “yes” on next screen to confirm the selection.
- Now we will flash the Rom zip file, from main menu select “install zip from sdcard” and then “choose zip from sdcard”, find and locate the downloaded custom Rom zip file, and then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm the selection.
- Wait until installation gets completed. It will take anywhere from 2-10 minutes to complete.
- After it, install the Gapps zip file using the same procedure shown in step no. 5.
- Now go back to main menu and select “Reboot system now”.
For your easy, you can watch below installation and first look video:
CM 10.2 Installation and First look Video
[iframe width=”700″ height=”394″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/YdWMT5LMJGE?rel=0″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen]
You’ve just updated your phone with this CM 10.2 based Rom. If you found any problem while installing this Rom on your device then let us now by commenting below. We feel proud to help our readers.