How to install Android 4.4 KitKat on Galaxy Mega
Now you can enjoy the experience of latest Android 4.4 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy Mega using CyanogenMod 11 custom Rom. The Rom is still un-official but tested over many handsets and found to be free of any kind of bug or issue. So you can use this Rom for daily uses with many powerful and tons of new features. CM 11 Rom comes with stock and many extra features which enhance the usability and gives extremely good performance.
This Rom is based on stock Android 4.4 KitKat firmware with tons of enhancement and added features. This Rom is not release or distributed by Google and Samsung, this Rom is distributed and being developed by third party – CyanogenMod Team. That’s why you need to consider this update a free aftermarket distribution of Android 4.4 that can be flashed on your Samsung Galaxy Mega.
This Rom bring all features of Android 4.4 KitKat including apps, settings and customization , and looks. That means you can enjoy the complete experience of KitKat on your Galaxy Mega. In order to install this Rom properly it is highly recommended that you follow each step very carefully without skipping or avoiding any of them. If you want to read more about this Rom then you must consider to visit here.
Read all the pre-requisites listed below very carefully and make sure your device match them correctly.
- This Rom is develped only for Samsung Galaxy Mega GT-I920X models and found to be working perfect on SGH-i527M and SGH-M819N. Don’t try this Rom on any other phone or any other model of Galaxy Mega.
- Before flashing the Rom, make sure to make backup of current Rom. If anything goes wrong or you don’t like the new interface then you switch back to your old Rom easily. To make backup, reboot to recovery mode the look for “backup and restore” and then “backup”.
- In order to install this Rom perfectly, you must flash this Rom using latest CWM recovery. If you haven’t installed yet, then download it from here and install it using Odin.
- Make sure to save all important data stored under phone’s memory. The installation process will erase all data stored in internal memory of phone. The process won’t be deleting anything from SD card.
- You must enable the USB debugging on your phone. To enable it, go to settings then developers options and their check the USB debugging box and you’re ready to go further.
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 50%. Your phone should be able to alive until the whole updating process gets completed.
Note: – If anything goes wrong or you’ve got your phone bricked then we will not be responsible for that. Update your phone on your own risk.
Many thanks to Silesh nair, who presented this video review.
- Download the CyanogenMod 11 build from here (Download the latest build)
- Download the GApps zip package from here.
How to install KitKat Rom on Galaxy Mega
- Download both the zip files, Custom Rom and GApps and copy them to SD card of your device.
- Now turn off the device and wait for few seconds (5-7 seconds).
- Now press and hold, Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at same time until Samsung Logo appears on screen. Release the buttons and you’ll be redirecting to Recovery mode very soon.
- Now under recovery mode, select “wipe data/ factory reset” and select “yes” on next screen to confirm you selection.
- Now its time to flash the Custom ROM, from recovery options, select “install zip from sdcard”, then “choose zip from sdcard” and then browse and select the downloaded CyanogenMod 11 KitKat custom ROM zip file. Select “yes” on next screen to approve your selection.
- After it completes, again select “install zip from sdcard”, then “choose zip from sdcard” and this time locate and flash the Google Apps zip file.
- Return back to main menu, select “reboot system now” and all done.
You have successfully updated your phone to latest Google operating system. If you have any problem or issues related to this guide, Rom or phone then let us know.http://gamotech.com/install-android-4-4-kitkat-galaxy-mega/MobilesAndroid 4.4 KitKat,samsung