After performing lots of tests and improvements, the CyanogenMod team has finally releases the Official CyanogenMod 11 Nightly Rom for Cricket Samsung Galaxy S4. The Rom is almost bug free and daily updated with improved and issues free coding. The CM 11 Rom is being designed by CyanogenMod team using AOSP Android 4.4 KitKat source code. Use this tutorial to update your phone with this newer version of CyanogenMod custom Rom.
This Rom will bring tons of new features, performance improvements, and many customization options. Note that this is not official Android 4.4 KitKat update from Samsung or Google, this Rom is developed and distributed by third party developers. You can use this Rom to test and experience the latest KitKat operating system.
You may Like: How to install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S4 LTE
In order to install this Rom, it is highly recommended that you follow each step very carefully without skipping or dropping them. Before proceeding to flashing procedure, read all the pre-requisites listed below very carefully and make sure you device conditions matches with them correctly.
You may Like: Most Popular Custom Rom for Galaxy S4
- This CM 11 KitKat Rom is only developed for Cricket Samsung Galaxy S4 only and it meant garbage for any other model of Samsung Galaxy S4. Don’t try it on any other model, it can brick that device.
- To install this Rom, your phone must have installed latest CWM recovery. If you haven’t installed yet, then you can use ROM Manager (free application) to install the latest recovery your Galaxy S4.
- Recommended – Backup your current Rom, if anything goes wrong or if you don’t like the new Rom then you can easily switch back to old one in no time. To backup the current Rom, you need to boot in the the Recovery mode the look for “backup and restore” options then “backup”.
- The installation process will go through complete wiping of internal memory of phone, so if you have saved any important data such contact, music files or any thing under phone memory then move it first to safe place and then go further.
- Turn on the USB Debugging on your phone. To enable it, go to setting then developers options then check the USB Debugging box and you’re ready to go further.
- Make sure your device have at least 50% charging. It should be able to stay on until the whole process gets completed, it it turned off during the installation procedure then it could caused damage to device.
Note: – If in any case you’re device gets damaged or bricked then we will not be responsible for that. This guide is only meant for education purpose, so do it on your own risk.
- Download the latest CM 11 Nightly build zip from here. (download the latest zip file)
- Download the Gapps for Android 4.4 custom Roms from here.
How to install CM 11 KitKat Rom on Cricket Samsung Galaxy S4
- Download both CM 11 Nightly Rom zip and Gapps zip files from download section and put them to SD card of you device.
- Now turn off the device and wait for 5-7 seconds.
- Now press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at same time until Samsung’s Logo appears on phone screen. Release the buttons and you’ll be directed to recovery mode very soon.
- Now under recovery mode, select “wipe data/ factory reset” and select “yes” on next screen to confirm you selection.
- Now its time to flash the Custom ROM, from recovery options, select “install zip from sdcard”, then “choose zip from sdcard” and then browse and select the downloaded CyanogenMod 11 KitKat custom ROM zip file. Select “yes” on next screen to approve your selection.
- After it completes, again select “install zip from sdcard”, then “choose zip from sdcard” and this time locate and flash the Google Apps zip file.
- Return back to main menu, select “reboot system now” and all done.
You have successfully updated your device with this latest version of CyanogenMod custom Rom. If you have issue or getting problem while/during performing it on your device then let us know.