Your Android device has a stock recovery when it comes out of the factory. This stock recovery controls what you can do and what you cannot do on your android smartphone and provides you with limited functionality. This is the reason why you need to flash a custom recovery.
Flashing of a recovery replaces the stock recovery and provides you with more better functionality. And the main part is that custom recovery allows you to flash a custom rom (Here is a list of Top 5 Android custom Roms). Two popular custom recoveries are ClockworkMod (CWM) and Team Win’s Recovery Project (TWRP). Both of these custom recovery provide you with the best features.
How To Flash Custom Recovery
Flashing of a custom recovery is not that hard. If you want to flash a custom recovery on your Android device the first few things you go to do is. You must root your device and then unlock the bootloader. later you can proceed to flash a custom recovery on your Android device. You can flash a custom recovery only when you have a root access and when you unlock the bootloader of your Android device.
I will be showing you the easiest way on how to flash a custom recovery and by the end of this article, you will be able to flash a custom recovery on your own.
I will be explaining how to flash the custom recovery using ROM Manager and [ROOT] Rashr – Flash Tool. Do not forget to root your device. If you haven’t rooted your device yet then here is a link on “How to root android without PC“. The rooting process will just take a few minutes.
Before you make any changes to your device its always better to take a Nandroid backup. Make sure you backup your files.
Flashing Recovery Using Rom Manager
- Step 1: Install the ROM Manager app on your android device.
- Step 2: Open the app and it will show you “Flash ClockWorkMod Recovery” tap on it and proceed further.
- Step 3: Wait for several minutes as the latest version of ClockWorkMod Recovery is been installed.
- Step 4: As everything gets completed and the device reboots into android.
Open the ROM Manager app again and verify that you have successfully flashed the custom recovery. The app should show you that you have installed ClockWorkMod recovery.
If you receive any further updates on ClockWorkMod Recovery then make sure you update it. Rom Manager will let you know if it’s available.
Flashing TWRP Recovery Using [ROOT] Rashr – Flash Tool
- Step 1: Install the [ROOT] Rashr – Flash Tool app on your android device.
- Step 2: Open the app and grant it root access when prompted. There will be two options provided, Flash ClockworkMod Recovery and Flash TWRP Recovery, make sure you choose TWRP recovery and proceed further.
- Step 3: If the recovery IMG is not found on your device then the app will ask your permission to download it, proceed further by downloading the required recovery IMG
- Step 4: Wait for several minutes as the latest version of TWRP recovery is being installed. It may ask you to reboot your device just proceed by doing so and you have successfully flashed TWRP recovery on your Android device.
This is so far the easiest way on how to flash the custom recovery on android device. You can select any recovery to flash as both of the recoveries provide better features and are almost the same.