Sony Xperia L comes with very good specifications, it gives high performance and ultimate graphics which playing games on it. The 4.3 inches capacitive touchscreen, 8 GB internal, 1GB RM, 8 MP camera, etc., are some other key specifications of Xperia L. As described above, the phone has really very appreciable configuration which makes it a perfect project for Android developers. Many thanks to XDA developer Xenodrome_, who bring this iPhone looking Custom ROM for Sony Xperia L.
This Custom ROM is designed to to look alike iOS, features includes iOS 7 icons, iPhone Lock Screen, Pure Home Screen, iPhone Control panel, Crystal View, Retina display for 2D games, some live wallpapers, iOS 7 styled music player, etc. For internet browsing, Safari browser has been added to it, 4G LTE+ Icons also added on notification bar. Installing this Rom to Xperia L brings many improvements such as performance and improved batter life.
Completely, it does not look alike iOS but we can say, almost 72% it is. This ROM is not in the form of flash able zip file, instead of that it is a backup done by a developer which will be used under CWM. The ROM works best with “ThunderZap 3.0” kernel, so first we install this kernel and then install this ROM. If you’re wanting to read more about this ROM you must consider to visit the actual thread here.
Before proceeding to installation guide, make sure you read all the pre-requisites listed below,
#This custom ROM is only made for Sony Xperia L C2104 model only, so before going further, make sure to check your device model. Don’t try to install this ROM on any other device, it could lead you to some serious problems.
#Nandroid Backup – Backup your current ROM, if you didn’t like or anything went wrong after installing this ROM then you can revert back to old one. To make backup, reboot recovery mode, the look for “backup and restore” and then “backup”.
#In order to install this ROM, your phone should have CWM installed. If you haven’t installed it then you first visit here and then come back to this guide.
#If you have saved your data in internal memory of the device then make sure to place it save place before proceeding any further. The installation process will erase your all data stored under phone’s memory.
#Enable USB debugging, go to settings-> developers options-> check the USB debugging box there. Enabling USB debugging allows your phones to connect to PC as USB storage device, so you can transfers files to it.
#Make sure that your phone have at least 50% charging. The process may takes up to several minutes, your phone phone must be able to stay on until you done with all steps.
Note: – If in any case your phone gets damaged or bricked then we will not be responsible for that. This tutorial is only meant for education purpose.
- Download iOS 7 Style Custom ROM here. (iOS 7 Style ROM for XL 22.214.171.124z)
- Download ThunderZap 3.0 kernel zip file here. (ThunderZap_3.0.zip).
How to install iPhone Custom ROM on Sony Xperia L
- Firstly download iOS 7 Style Custom ROM file (iOS 7 Style ROM for XL 126.96.36.199z) and extract it to folder using 7Zip or Winzip extractor. After that, copy the extracted folder “iOS 7 Style ROM for XL 4.2.2” to SD card of your phone. Remember, just copy it Sd card, don’t put it under any directory.
- Now download the ThunderZzp 3.0 kernel zip file “ThunderZap_3.0.zip” and put it to SD card of your device.
- Now turn off the device and wait for 5-7 seconds.
- Now boot to recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down button until purple light glows on Sony Logo. I hope you’ve entered to CWM recovery mode.
- Under recovery option, select “install zip from sd card” then “Choose zip from sdcard”. Browse and locate the downloaded “ThunderZap_3.0.zip” file.
- Now go to “Mounts and Storage“, mount the following: mount system, mount cache and mount data.
- Go back main menu of recovery and then go to “Mounts and Storage“-> Format System and select “Yes” on the next screen to confirm.
- Nowselect “Backup and restore” then “Restore” and then select “1970-01-04.15.05.04” backup to restore. Wait until it restore this backup.
- Then after, perform followings:
- Select “Wipe data/Factory reset”, then select “Yes” on the next screen to confirm it.
- Select “wipe cache partition“, then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm your selection.
- Go back main menu of recovery, again, and go to “Advanced“-> “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and select Yes from the next screen to confirm it.
- Now from main menu select “reboot system now”.
All done! You have successfully updated your phone with Custom ROM. If you any problem in install this ROM then let us know.