If you are looking to update your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system, probably LiquidSmooth custom Rom would be the best to go with. Well, one can wait for official OTA update for Lollipop, however it wouldn’t be possible to tell when Samsung would roll this update. Still we can update this handset to Android 5.1.1 operating system through custom Rom, thanks to their developers who brought these roms on regular basis, otherwise it wouldn’t be that easy to update our device.
In this post we’ll help you update Galaxy Note 3 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop using LiquidSmooth custom Rom, entirely based on stock operating system, this Rom has many things to offers apart from latest Android. It improves device’s performance significantly, one can own notice that change, with tons of customization options, you’ll be able to customize user interface according to your needs, its improves battery life and much more. If you’d like to read more about this Rom, must consider to visit the official site here.
To install this Android Lollipop Rom your Note 3, it must be rooted and there should be a custom recovery installed. Without custom recovery, it won’t be possible to install this Rom successfully, so in case don’t have a custom recovery, then first go ahead and install custom recovery on this handset.
Samasung Galaxy Note 3 – Liquid Smooth Rom Quick Review
Special thanks to @PhoneHive for this quick review.
Before proceeding to installation steps, go ahead and read all the pre-requisites very carefully and make sure to prepare your device according to them.
- This Rom is dedicated to Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 only and it should not install on any other device. Make sure to check your device’s model, go to settings -> about, there you’ll get to know the exact model number of your device.
- Remember, installation will wipe out the entire internal memory of the device. So make sure to save all the important stuff stored under the device.
- Also, it would be great to back up entire Rom of the device. It would act as back up Rom in case you want to back to old Rom or face any kind of problem with this LiquidSmooth Custom ROM. To back up Rom, use custom recovery, under it you’ll see back up option.
- As said earlier, you must have a custom recovery. It won’t be possible to install this Rom without it, so install it first and then follow the further procedure.
- Make sure that you’ve enabled USB debugging on your device. To enable, go to settings -> Developer options -> check USB debugging box.
- Charge your device to good battery level, 50% would be sufficient enough.
- Download LiquidSmooth custom Rom for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 from here.
- Download the Gapps package from here.
How to update Galaxy Note 3 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop using LiquidSmooth Rom
Entire installation is exactly same as we do to install any mod to device, flash the Rom using custom recovery.
- Download both the files mentioned in Downloads section and put them into device memory.
- Turn off your device and wait at least 3 -5 seconds.
- Now press and hold Volume Up UP + Home + Power buttons at same time until Samsung’s logo appears. You’ll be directed to recovery mode.
- Under recovery options, perform “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and under advance section perform “wipe dalvik cache”. These actions act as a hard reset so we can have a completely clean installation.
- Now its time to install Rom. From recovery options, select “install zip from sd card” then “choose zip from sd card” and locate the Rom zip file which you’ve already downloaded on your device.
- Be patience until it get installed. Once it complete, similarly install Gapps package.
- Once you done with both the files, under recovery options select “reboot system now”.
Hurray! You’ve successfully update your Note 3 to latest Android 5.1.1 operating system. For the very first start-up, it may take little longer, don’t get panic.