A lesser known cousin model of Samsung Galaxy S, the Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001 comes with good internal and hardware specification under affordable budget. From manufacture, the device comes loaded with Google Android Ginger Bread operating system, and yet not opted for Jelly Bean or any further updates. Thanks to those folks who did tremendous work and brought many opportunities to update Samsung Galaxy S Plus in the form of custom Rom.
Hopefully after waited long, a highly functional and stable Custom Rom based on latest Google Android system KitKat is available for Samsung Galaxy S Plus users. That means, it’s a ideal chance to get hands on latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system and have fun with it. A member at XDA forum – DevConnection_Team, brought a CyanogenMod 11 build.
It’s completely safe, stable and smooth enough for daily uses and powerful enough to let you explore the actual power of you device. Installing it, not only meant to just update, it also bring chance to taste the latest apps, features, and chance to improve device performance and usability. If you’re want to read more about this Rom then you must consider to visit the real thread over here.
Before proceed to further steps make sure to read all the pre-requisites listed below:
- This Rom and guide is especially made for Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 model and need to be tried on any other model or variant of Samsung Galaxy S or S Plus.
- It is highly recommended that you flash this Rom using custom recoveries like CWM or TWRP. This step could not be avoided and it is necessary. If you haven’t yet installed latest CWM recovery then you first visit here.
- I always been a good to back up the current Rom before flashing the new one. It will be beneficial for future aspects. If anything goes wrong after installing this new Rom then you can easily switch back to old one by restoring the backup. It is very easy to back up the Rom, just boot into recovery mode then look for backup and restore option and then backup.
- The process will go through the complete wipe to your device, so all data stored under phone’s memory will erased out. So, save all the important data from phone’s memory to safe place before beginning the flashing process.
- Make sure your phone have at least 50% charging, it is recommended that you charge you phone good battery level. The entire process will take some time, so your phone must be not turned off.
Download the Rom zip file from here (cm-11.0-20140102-ION-dev_connection_team-beta2-ariesve.zip).
Download the Gapps zip package from here (DevCon-Gapps-KK-4.4-20131226-signed.zip).
How to Install Android 4.42. KitKat on Samsung Galaxy S Plus
- Firstly download the Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware from download section and put it to SD Card of your device.
- Turn off the device and wait for 5-7 seconds after it.
- Now enter into the recovery mode by pressing “Volume UP + Power” (If this don’t work then try this: “Volume Down +Power”) buttons until Samsung logo gets appeared screen. Then release the buttons, then you’ll see white box there, just press the “Menu button” to enter to recovery mode.
- Now under recovery mode, for clean and flawless installation perform the followings:
- Select “Wipe data/Factory reset”, then select “Yes” on the next screen to confirm it.
- Select “wipe cache partition“, then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm your selection.
- Go back main menu of recovery and then go to “Mounts and Storage“, mount the following: mount system, mount cache and mount data.
- Go back main menu of recovery and then go to “Mounts and Storage“-> Format System and select “Yes” on the next screen to confirm.
- Go back main menu of recovery, again, and go to “Advanced“-> “Wipe Dalvik Cache” and select Yes from the next screen to confirm it.
- Now from main menu select “install zip from sd card” then “Choose zip from sdcard”. Browse and locate the downloaded Rom zip file (cm-11.0-20140102-ION-dev_connection_team-beta2-ariesve.zip) and select “Yes” on next screen to confirm the selection.
- When it completes, flash the Gapps file(DevCon-Gapps-KK-4.4-20131226-signed.zip) just like above step.
- In end select “reboot system now”.
For the very first time it will take some to get boot to home screen, then fill you Google account to proceed further and enjoy this beautiful, power and unofficial yet stable and bug free Rom. So that’s all about our guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy S Plus with CM 11 Custom Rom.
If you have any problem or issue related with this Rom or guide then let us know. We would like help you out as much possible.